Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The rise of Trump and Sanders

To start off I need to make one thing very plain, I am a libertarian and I do not endorse Trump, Sanders or the Republican or Democratic parties. In addition I follow Sanders, Clinton, Trump. Rubio and Cruz on all social media. I read their posts and the comments under them. I feel I have a decent handle on what the average american is thinking. I  have been following political ideas and thoughts on social media for a few years now, but even more so now that its "crunch time", so to speak. Now, lets talk about why two people with what seems like polar opposite views are surging in the polls and yes even though Sanders isn't winning he does have quite a bit of support, enough for it to be concerning for the Democratic establishment. For years I have been telling my conservative friends I thought there was very little hope for the republican party  and that if they didn't make some drastic changes, they wouldn't be winning presidential elections. Similarly, rise of Sanders fits that narrative, yes I blame republicans for his sure a bit more than democrats. What's going on? I think I have some decent ideas about that so lets talk about it..shall we?

1.Republicans are focused on the wrong things. 
In order to keep their party conservative they continue to focus on the wrong things and have completely misjudged the population. The average american isn't worried about social issues. They don't want to close planned parenthood, they believe abortion should remain legal, they don't care if gay people get married and so forth. It isn't even necessarily that they are vehemently pro these ideas, they just don't care about them. It's kinda like-oh we are talking about that AGAIN. When they see republicans going after planned parenthood or some crazy lady not giving out marriage licenses, they maybe entertained but they end up not seeing republicans in a good light. It isn't what they feel is important or what they think a politicians focus should be on...so while many of you republicans spend hours making meme's about gay marriage, the average american wants to know what you are going to do about the stagnant economy and wonders why this party seems so bent on being in everyone's business. Hey if this is the republican party, if this is what you want to be about, fine. Just don't be surprised when the bulk of Americans start to vote democrat. Currently about 42% of Americans identify as Independents, their opinions matter when it comes to elections.  http://www.gallup.com/poll/180440/new-record-political-independents.aspx "But the share of independents, which surpassed the percentages of either Democrats or Republicans several years ago, continues to increase. Currently, 39% Americans identify as independents, 32% as Democrats and 23% as Republicans"

2. People have been chronically out of stable work or underpaid for eight years.
I know republicans the economy is bad but people should just be able to pull themselves up by their bootstraps anyway. Democrats... oh yeah the economy is fixed? Right it's fixed, fixed so much we feel we need a seven dollar increase in minimal wage. hummm...could it be people can't find work that actually PAYS a decent wage, and people who normally would work a blue collar job is stuck at wal-mart? I have seen people say when speaking of Trump or Sanders..I just want a good job. I'm voting for him because I JUST WANT A GOOD JOB. People just want to make decent money and right or wrong a good amount of people feel either Trump or Sanders can help them. I know if you have a good job and your friends have a good job, it doesn't seem as if there are any problems. The fact is our good paying blue collar jobs are almost gone from the United States and middle management middle class positions are drying up. We are left with ten to twelve dollar an hour positions with little room for growth. People are putting of marriage and  having a family because of unstable and low wages. People aren't lazy, they are exhausted. So has the economy recovered if people can find work but it isn't work that can support them? It can make you hard core democrats and republicans angry but the average american just wants you to work on the economy. http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/09/16/poverty-wages-remain-stagnant-despite-economic-recovery

3. People are disparate for a change.
The average american doesn't want free healthcare, the average american doesn't want to see endless social issues disputed in the news..the average american just wants work. Its easy to hope a man like Trump who runs a multitude of business can bring work back to the United States. I continually hear politician get on the news and say I want to win but I want to win with a conservative, republican..what does that even mean. FIX THE ECONOMY. None of the other people running exude the confidence that they can help bring back work to the average guy. It isn't about hate or borders or anything except money. This morning I just saw a republican pundit go on and on about Trump and planned parenthood as if this was a thing that made people vote or not vote for him in the first place. Sanders, Sanders is riding the same wave from the opposite view point..I'm tired, and I need better pay. I think this guy can make business pay me more money. I'm a hard worker, I deserve a decent income. Hey about ten years ago these people would have had those decent jobs. 

So republicans and democrats you can be realists and listen to me and change your narrates...or we can swear in president Trump in November.  It's fine to have ideas to expand on your ideas, but these are things to focus on AFTER the work is done. Clean up the economy, fix stagnant wages and bring back blue collar work and then you guys can go back to hashing it out over social issues. 





2 comments: