Friday, November 10, 2017

You can, can your Holiday, religious negativity

First of all I love holidays. all of them. To be honest whatever your nationality is or religion, there is a decent chance I'd be up for celebrating whatever you are celebrating. Everyone always says stuff like...i dont need valentines day to be romantic or Christmas is to commercialized...but the fact is, most people actually do need to be reminded to be romantic and most people do need a reason to be more giving.

I love getting all wrapped up in it too. I want to dress up every Halloween and have a special night to decorate the house for Christmas. I want to wear green on St. Patrick's and drink a good Irish Whiskey. Life is short, the moments and time we have here to be together is limited..I want to make the most of every moment.

...and yes, I am religious. Your feelings on my upbringing are moot. It's really none of your business but I'm going to clue you in anyway. I really don't even care if there is a God or not. That isn't the real point is it? if there is a God I'm doubtful he would want me to be a good and thankful person just becasue of his existence. If you truly understood family, spirituality and community...you would understand that. Many of you don't, many people who are devout don't, that's ok...but don't try and put me down becasue you don't understand me. Or do, in the scheme of things I imagine it doesn't matter to much what you think. Believe me when I tell you, you have a God too...you have a set of belief's you adhere to. Maybe that God is science, maybe it is politics, maybe it is many things..but you have your core theories too.

 

So what is my point in this post??... I don't have time for your negativity. I don't care that you hate Christmas or Halloween or Memorial day. I don't care about your graph showing me that Christmas came from aliens in Egypt or whatever. I'm not interested in how romantic you think you are without Valentines day. I was lucky to be raised in a family steeped in tradition, values and love. I'm sorry if that wasn't your experience. I remember having the family over at Halloween and my mom always making us all Chili. I remember waking up to Santa, heck even now if I'm home Santa still comes. (#Ibelieve)  I remember my dad always getting my mom flowers on Valentines day and us kids always getting candy. I remember numerous memorial day picnics...and I'm sorry if that wasn't your life...but I'll keep celebrating each and every holiday. I'm going to keep making memories with my loved ones. I'm going to thank God on Thanksgiving for another year and I will try and keep Christmas in my heart all year long. I'm going to celebrate life every chance i get.

So as the holidays approach if you post something negative..I'll probably link this blog post for you to read. I hope those of you who haven't learned the true spirit of well..any holiday really, will catch a little magic in your heart this year. To everyone else May God bless you and keep you during the holiday season.





No comments:

Post a Comment