Sunday, December 22, 2019

Don't F**K with Cats, A Discussion and Review


Image result for dont f with cats"


*First of all, there will be spoilers, although it is a true crime documentary so I don't know if spoilers is the right word. *
When I put on the documentary, I had no idea who the killer was, if he was ever caught or that he did anything worse than animal murder. I thought this would be light and possibly a bit funny. I was in for a rude awakening. I though this would be just one terrible video and show the internet 'catching' a creep, it's way more than that. I was also unaware to the amount of animal abuse I'd be exposed to. Honestly I don't really care much when humans die..but torture, specifically a dog or cat and I'm immediately upset. I will walk out of your film or turn off the movie and be angry all night. I couldn't look away from this documentary though...because that is exactly how angry the internet sleuths out to find him felt. There is a sense of comradery and you want to be part of the hunt with the amature investigators.

Due to human nature to be appalled by someone hurting baby animals or baby humans, I can't exactly recommend this film to anyone. (although no baby humans are harmed) The fact that the killer towards the end kills an actual human is far less upsetting to be honest. However that's also what is so interesting about this documentary, you get to watch the escalation of this person to a serial killer. The growth of his narcissism and need for attention help you better understand his actions to a degree.  What will pull you in is how globally humans banned together to find this evil garbage and bring him down. This is probably the most insane story since Abducted in Plain Sight, but without the meme worthy funny parts.

The entire time you really want this person to be caught. You will wish the police had stepped in to help these internet sleuths as the group continually says he is going to move on to humans soon. Stop him. There are some interesting things brought up in the video that are not tied up in a pretty bow. His mom obviously knew her son was killing cats and did nothing to stop him. Not to mention that whole his 'alibi' is fake he might have had help, perhaps his off her rocker mother? The killer was also never charged with animal cruelty. This is now a federal offense here in the United states. Just this year videos of people torturing animals to deal are federal offenses. Unfortunately the killer was caught in Canada where no such law existed or currently exists. Watching these videos it is easy to see why such laws are important, killers often start small and work their way up.

Netflix mostly spares you from exactly what happened to Jun Lin, the young man murdered. It's pretty graphic and includes sodomy, cannibalism, and more animal abuse, so that's at least some relief.  Many cat lovers online have decided to give yearly to cat charities in Mr. Lin's name so that his name is never forgotten.

So how did I feel about this documentary? First of all the facebook group that caught him, specifically the main two hunters are hero's. Hell make a tv series about these two solving crimes, I'd watch. It also made me want to join some hidden group and catch a killer myself. Please leave your thoughts below or on my facebook post. What did you think about the mom? What do you think drove the murder to such heinous acts?  Do you feel, as the one of the internet sleuts felt..that perhaps they were complicit to the crimes?*I posted a picture of the killed man instead of the murderer.







No comments:

Post a Comment